Monday, December 3, 2012

Just a little R & R

"Social life, sleep, grades: pick two."
#storyofmylife right now.  That's basically the reason why I haven't been so active on this blog for the past few months.  With the first semester a little more than half way over, I'm starting to learn how to handle all the stress from school and not let it consume my life.  I get really bad anxiety so it's hard to handle at times.  I usually just shut everyone out and either read or listen to music by myself and it usually helps tame the anxiety.  Since I know that I'm not the only one stressing right now, I thought I would share some ways to handle it and relax!

1. Hot Drink: A warm, comforting drink usually always does the trick.  I like either a warm tea with sugar or hot chocolate.  I try to stay away from coffee because it just makes me more awake and jittery in stressful situations.

2. Face Mask

  • Love, love, love the Freeman face masks!  They are available at most drugstores and at drugstore.com.  I've tried all three of these and love every single one of them!  My face always breaks out when I'm really stressed or over tired, so these are perfect for calming down skin.

3. Soothing or Upbeat Playlist - Sometimes I need some slow, soothing songs to clam nerves.  Other times I like to jam out to upbeat dance songs.
  • Favorite Calm Songs: basically anything John Mayer - favorites include Your Body is a Wonderland and Gravity and anything Ed Sheeran - love Autumn Leaves and Gold Rush
  • Upbeat Songs: Love Timeflies, Justin Bieber , and Taylor Swift
4. Magazines or a Good Book
  • Love a good gossip magazine: People, InTouch, USWeekly...you name it I love it

5. Fuzzy Socks

  • A must! Especially now since it's Fall and the temperature is dropping!  
  • Love the ones from Old Navy - they are really soft and extremely cheap!
What do you do when you feel stressed?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment