The perfect energy booster for after school.
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tbs unsalted butter
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup dried fruit
1. In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, and dried fruit.
4. Drop mixture by tablespoon into mini paper cupcake or candy liners.
5. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
Great for grabbing on the go!
1/2 cup butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbs boiling water
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (pulsed several times in a food processor)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Cream together the butter, shortening and sugars.
2. Put the boiling water in a cup and add the baking soda to it and then add to the butter and sugar mixture.
3. Beat well and then add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Roll out on floured surface to your preferred thickness.
5. Cut into shapes and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes or until they are golden brown.
For when you have those days.
2 tbs butter, softened
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
several drops peppermint, almond, lemon, or orange extract or flavoring
2 - 3 tsp small, multicolored decorative candies
12 purchased chocolate chip or other cookies (about 2-1/2 inches in diameter)
1. In a small mixing bowl, beat together butter and one-half of the powdered sugar.
2. Beat in milk, extract, and remaining powdered sugar.
3. Spread on the bottom of 6 of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies.
4. Wrap and chill. Makes 6.
Whats your favorite after school snack?
Check out my other back to school posts if you haven't seem them already!