Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to School: Study & Organization Tips

Getting organized is hard to do.  Staying organized is even harder.  So I thought I would just share some tips on how to start the school year off right!

  • Basic Organization
    • Have a planner to write down homework, due dates, and everything else that you will probably forget.  I have a Lilly Pulitzer planner and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.  Basically it's my second brain.
    • If you have an assignment due, plan what days and times you will work on it.  I'll admit, I'm a huge procrastinator.  But writing down what I need to do each day before an assignment or project is due really helps!
    • Label everything.  I also love to color code - it makes finding everything so much easier!
  • Creating an Organized Space
    • Make sure you have an area where you can work.  A clean, simple, uncluttered desk works best.
    • Also make sure that your space is quiet and free from distractions.
  • Studying Tips
    • Take breaks!  Letting your brain take a little break every now and then will make you be able to accomplish more without going crazy.
    • Make sure you stay hydrated.  I always have a bottle of water with me while I'm doing homework or studying.
    • Chewing gum has been proven to help your memory, focus and concentration.  It is also considered a stress reliever. So try chewing gum while working.
    • Turn your phone off or put it in another room!  I swear twitter and tumblr are the biggest distractions ever!
Have any other studying/organization tips?
xoxo
ps. make sure to check out my other back to school posts if you haven't seen them already!
- Back to School: Monogramed Madness
- Back to School: First Day Outfit


No comments:

Post a Comment