Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello NYFW

Finally!  It's my favorite week of the year!
Which unfortunaly always conincides with my least favorite week of the year.  It's NY Fashion Week as well as the week school starts (well, at least not until Monday).

So it's Fashion Week and where am I?  Not roaming the streets of the city filled with bloggers, magazines editors, and celebs.  I'm sitting in the libary in my suburban town in New Jersey working on SAT homeowrk and writing college essays.

I've literally never felt more stress than I do now.  Just finishing up summer work and applying to colleges alone gives me an ample amout of anxiety.

So Fashion Week has come at the perfect time...or what could be the worst.  It will provide a great distraction - which could either turn out incredibly great or incredibly horrible.
Already I put down my SAT book to check style.com.  #noselfcontrol

To furter my complaining, I'm completely irked that Anna Wintour canceled Fashion's Night Out this year.  Of course it was probably the only year I would be able to go since the past two years it fell on the first day of school and next year I'll be at college.  Oh Anna...it was my one chance to be a part of NYFW and now it may never happen.

I was really hoping to go into the city today to just hang at Lincoln Center and people watch.  But no...I'm a high school senior with a 'To-Do' list bigger than Texas.  What's a girl to do?

I'll just stop complaining and show you some of my favorite looks from last night and today.

Erin Fetherson - OMG I'M IN LOVE.  There are some great prom worthy looks as well as some more sophiciated piees like the black and white floral dresses.


Robert Rodriguez - I love the boxyness of the pieces in this collection and the knee-high sandals - so trendy!


ZAC by Zac Posen - I can totally see a New York socialite wearing these gowns.


BCBGMAXAZRIA - Favorite piece from this collection is the strappy black and floral top in the third picture.  It's the perfect balance between edgy and girly.


Nicholas K - Neutrals are the name of the game in this collection.  Love the nomad/Native American feel it holds.


10 Crosby Derek Lam - Black and whtie is so classic.  I'm obsessed with the tribal print.


Tadashi Shoji - So girly, so feminine, so perfect.


Talk to you tomorrow!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment