Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Birchbox

I received my June Birchbox last week but haven't gotten a chance to write this post with finishing projects for school and studying for finals!
But I'm super excited to share with you what I received in my Birchbox this month!
First, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Birchbox, it's a $10 monthly subscription filled with beauty samples.
This month's theme was all about jet setting and included products you could use during long flights and carry-on essentials.  With it being summer and the end of school, I thought this theme was completely appropriate.  Here's what I got in my box:

As a lifestyle extra, Birchbox included these amazing 'Cynthia Rowley Dress Up Band-Aids'.  They are super chic and almost too pretty to use!
I also received a sample size of 'theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen'.  It's a two-in-one lip and cheek stain that came in a rosy red color.  The formula is super unique - it's like a jelly.  It offers a subtle wash of color - perfect for summer!

Next, a 'Scalisi Skincare Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30' was put into my box.  It's a daily moisturizer that triggers collagen production and reverses wrinkles.  Since I don't really need a anti-aging product right now, I gave this to my mom.  
I also received a 'Borghese Botanico Eye Compress' which was exactly what I needed this week.  I used it yesterday after my last test and my eyes felt so much better after leaving them on for ten minutes!

I've never found a tinted moisturizer that I really like, however this one came close to being one I would buy.  The 'Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint' offers a bright dewey complexion, however I like tinted moisturizers that have a little more coverage.  I would say this one has a medium-light coverage.  I had such high expectations from seeing this award-winning tinted moisturizer in magazines and on websites everywhere however it's not really for me.
Lastly, as another extra, there was the 'John Varvatos Star USA' cologne sample.  It smells nice, but both myself and my dad weren't crazy about it.  It was a nice little extra to throw in for Father's Day.

What are your traveling beauty essentials?
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment