Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peoples Choice Awards 2012

  I honestly cannot wait for this week to be over.  I had about seven tests this week, four of them being today.  So last night I got a little glimpse of the 2012 People's Choice Awards in between my all night studying.  I made it just in time for Demi Lovato's performance which was absolutely amazing!  Anyway, today I looked through the pictures from the red carpet and there was a big range in what everyone was wearing.  So happy for the awards season to be starting.  I absolutely droll over the dresses that celebs get to wear.  Here are my hits and misses of the night.

Love
1. Demi Lovato in Marchesa
I love the peachy color of this dress.  I am such a huge fan of Demi, (so this is slightly bias) but I think she is absolutely stunning in this one!  She looks so happy and healthy.
2. Chloe Mortez in Proenza Schouler  
I really love the color and the material of this dress.  I also think that this look is completely appropriate for a 14-year old.  It's so simple yet the cut and color really stood out to me.
                 


3. Kaley Cuoco in Badgley Mischka (SS 2012)
 This dress is just absolutely stunning.  The craftsmanship and detail in this dress makes it a true piece of art.  I love the color and the fit on her.  This was completely perfect for the host to wear on the red carpet.  Definitely one of my top favorites of the night!

4. Emma Stone in Gucci
Besides winning an award at the People's Choice, I think she may have just won the best look of the night award from me.  I just love Emma Stone and I think this outfit just shows how amazing her style is.  The color of the jacket is kind of amazing!

Like
1.  Lucy Hale in Gengiz Abazoglu
I really like the top half, but the piece of fabric on the side is kind of throws the dress off balance in my eye.  I like how different it is and the risk she took in choosing this one.


2.  Jennifer Goodwin in Roksanda Ilincic
I think this color is so amazing and the sleeves are adorable!  I would have liked a different shoe though.

3. Ashley Greene in DKNY
 I love the lacey/leather mix but something is off.  I don't know if its the turtleneck or the sleeves.  The idea is really nice though and I do think it was completely different than anything everyone else wore.


Loathe
1. Vanessa Hudgens in Jenny Packham
Something about the neckline really bothers me.  However I do like the idea.

2. Lea Michele in Marchesa
 I have a love/hate relationship with this look.  I love how different it is and how glamorous it looks on her, but then every time I look at it, it reminds me of a mop.  I don't even know what else to say about this...
3. Miley Cyrus in David Koma
Okay, so I don't completely hate this look.  I just don't like it.  It looks like two completely dresses from the front and back.  And the front isn't very flattering on her.  But I do like her man accessory (;

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment