Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fashion PR Confidential

{source}

As I mentioned in my last post, last month I attended Fashion PR Confidential in New York City.
I can't even explain how much I learned within two days.

So I thought I would write a little recap of my weekend for those who are interested in attending a future workshop.

To start out, I decided to sign up for this class after taking a few classes at FIT in public relations and marketing.
As a high school senior, I'm desperately trying to figure out what I want to study in college. I thought that attending this class and talking to others who work in public relations would be helpful in figuring out if PR is something I would like to study and peruse as a career.

I was extremely nervous for about the first hour.  However after meeting everyone there, those nerves completely vanished.  Everyone was really friendly!

The first day we learned the basics of PR including what a press kit consists of and how to write a pitch.  Throughout the day we worked in small groups creating plans for our 'client'.
There were also incredible guest speakers: Julia Rubin from Teen Vogue and Jinna Yang of Grease and Glamour.  They both were hilarious and gave really great advice and tips!

The next day we individually wrote pitches to editors and received feedback on how we could improve them.
Unfortunately I had a meeting with my college advisor that afternoon so I had to leave early.
But when I got home, I checked twitter (#fashionprcon) to see everything I missed!

Okay so if that didn't sell you on going, did I mention that there was a delicious lunch & yummy snacks?  And we got a fabulous gift bag filled with goodies!

It was an incredible experience to learn from two individuals, Danika Daly and Crosby Noricks, who have so much knowledge about the industry.

For anyone considering attending, I highly recommend it! 
I promise that you won't regret it!  I learned so much and had an amazing time meeting people from different places.

And in case you're wondering what I wore...
What I Wore: Fashion PR Confidential







Here are the links so you can check it out!


If you have any questions, let me know!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment