Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty


Today I finally went to the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the MET!!  I have been waiting forever to get the opportunity to go and since it's closing this weekend, I made sure that I set a day to go this week.  
I left my house this morning at 7:30 with my mom and my sister.  Luckily I only live about a half an hour away from the city so I didn't have to get up too early.  But when we got there, there was already a line outside the museum.  Then when the museum opened at 9:30 we had to wait another hour and a half to get into the exhibit!
However besides all the lines and crowds of people, the exhibit was amazing!  I have never really been that close up to couture gowns before and it was so cool just to see all the techniques and stitches that make them.
Alexander McQueen was a legendary designer and it was so nice that they gave fans a chance to view his work and really appreciate how brilliant he was.
If you have the chance to go before Sunday, you should definitely go!  I promise you that you won't be disappointed!  I do reccomend that you get there early if you are going in the morning because as we were leaving the exhibit around 10:30, the line was wrapped around the whole museum and didn't look fun at all.  Also, the museum has special hours for the exhibit only from thursday to sunday.
(Thursday - Friday the exhibit closes at 9
Saturday - Sunday the exhibit closes at midnight)

For more information click here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment